Thank you for your interest in joining the Freedom Within team. We are a group practice providing psychotherapy to adults. We are currently hiring fully licensed (in good standing) clinicians. Therapists must be licensed in California. Therapists can either work entirely in the office or they can opt to perform telehealth sessions, however they would still be asked to come to the office at least one day/week to stay connected with our awesome team! Our office is located at 3737 Moraga Ave. San Diego, CA. We accept CA licensed PhD, PsyD, LCSW, and LMFT. Below is a brief overview of what to expect in this position.
Our mission is to provide quality care using a genuine, down to earth approach that incorporates compassion, humor, and authenticity. We strive to partner with our clients to help release their pain and restore their sense of freedom within.
We offer individual and couples therapy to adults. A large number of our clients are active duty military, Veterans and young professionals. Our practice focuses on treating PTSD, trauma, anxiety, relationship concerns, postpartum and transitional issues. You are not limited to working within this framework, however, most of the clients who are referred to Freedom Within fall under these presenting problems. In addition, we will have upcoming opportunities to run groups for most types of clients. Please note that we do not serve any clients under 18, if that is an area you are hoping to focus on unfortunately we will not be a good fit. We value balance and flexibility in our practice and support working mothers. We also strive for our own growth and development as therapists through continuing education, case consultations and monthly anti-racism work group discussions.
- This is a W-2 position for a fully licensed clinician to work in a private practice setting providing therapy to individuals and couples.
- Both part time and full time positions available. Client referrals are provided.
- Full time requires 24+ client hours/week with a flexible schedule and is eligible for health insurance benefits.
- Part time requires 14+ client hours/week.
Benefits as Employee:
- Competitive pay
- Paid sick time
- 401(k) Retirement Account with company matching
- Health insurance, vision and dental (for full time employees)
- Life insurance (for full time employees)
- Option for full or partial telework doing teletherapy from your home
- Phone stipend
- Company charitable donation match
- Employer paid group malpractice insurance policy
- Twice Monthly Paid Case consultation
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Opportunities for paid marketing (Blogs and Speaking)
- Admin support assistant who assists with:
- Client intake scheduling
- Insurance Verifications
- Billing support
- HIPAA compliant EHR
- Assistance getting paneled with insurance panels
- Direct deposit of payroll twice monthly
- Ongoing clinical support
- Great team of therapists
- Fully furnished, calm and inviting office space with plenty of parking
- Established reputation in the community that provides referrals to fill your caseload
Pay range is $50 per clinical hour for Licensed Masters Level DOE. $65-$70 for Licensed Doctoral level DOE. A 90-day trial is required as we ensure a good fit for both the clinician and the practice.
This is an incredible opportunity for a clinician to join a fun team of therapists providing care to our community and helping our Veterans and military families. We value honesty, genuineness, humility, compassion and humor. This position is a great way to create work life balance with flexibility in your schedule. Our team is fun, supportive and collaborative and we encourage the same from you! The office is conveniently located just off of the I-5 Freeway. Located between Pacific Beach and Clairemont. We are also in the process of expanding to another San Diego location (TBD).
Promoting inclusion: We promote hiring of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and specialties to better serve the diverse and unique experience of our clients. It is also important that our office promotes a foundation of diversity, equity, and inclusivity in its culture and practice. We hold monthly anti-racism work group discussions to further understand our own biases and to look at how we can better serve our diverse community and minority populations.
Please review our website to better understand what we do and who we serve. www.freedomwithincenter.com
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply please respond to each of the following questions. Using the numbering, copy and paste the questions and answers into the body of an email. Attach a current resume/CV in word or pdf format and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Hiring Department.
Preliminary Questions – Please answer all questions:
- Are you fully licensed in California and in good standing?
- What populations or presenting problems do you prefer to work with and/or have experience with?
- Do you have any experience with military/Veterans? If yes, please describe?
- Do you have any specialized training such as CPT, EFT, PE, EMDR, etc?
- Do you have your own private practice or work in another group private practice? If you have your own private practice, what makes you want to also join a group practice?
- What are your professional goals in the next 3-5 years?
- On a scale of 1-10, how detail-oriented are you? (10 being most detailed)
- Do you have any days off or vacation scheduled in the next 6-months?
- Do you have the means to financially sustain yourself during the period of building your caseload?
- How many weekly therapy/client hours are you open to performing?
- Are you interested in working in the office, remotely (telework), or a combination of the two?
- Upon reviewing your responses and resume, if you appear to be a good fit we will contact you to schedule a 30-45 minute video/phone interview. Phone interviews are conducted by our Onboarding Coordinator and take place on the following days and times, please identify at least 3 times that work for you: Mondays 9-11am, 3pm; Thursdays 2-4pm, Fridays 10-11am
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
The Freedom Within Team