Our mission is to provide quality care using a genuine, down to earth approach that incorporates compassion, humor, and authenticity. We strive to partner with our clients to help release their pain and restore their sense of freedom within. We are looking for therapists who also embody this mission.
We offer individual and couples therapy to adults. We do not see children in our practice. A large number of our clients are active duty military, Veterans and young professionals. Our practice focuses on treating PTSD, trauma, anxiety, relationship concerns, postpartum and transitional issues. You are not limited to working within this framework, however, most of the clients who are referred to Freedom Within fall under these presenting problems. In addition, we will have upcoming opportunities to run groups for most types of clients. Please note that we do not serve any clients under 18, if that is an area you are hoping to focus on unfortunately we will not be a good fit. We value balance and flexibility in our practice and support working mothers and working parents. We also strive for our own growth and development as therapists through continuing education, case consultations and monthly anti-racism work group discussions.
- This is a W-2 position for a therapist (psychologist, LCSW, LMFT, ASW, AMFT) to work in a private practice setting providing counseling to individuals and couples.
- Both part time and full time therapist positions available. Client referrals are provided.
- Full time requires 24+ client hours/week with a flexible schedule and is eligible for health insurance benefits.
- Part time requires 14+ client hours/week.
Benefits as Employee:
- Competitive pay (both clinical time and admin time is paid)
- Paid sick time
- Paid floating holiday
- 401(k) Retirement Account with company matching
- Health insurance, vision and dental (for full time employees)
- Life insurance (for full time employees)
- Option for full or partial telework doing teletherapy from your home
- Phone stipend
- Company charitable donation match
- Employer paid group malpractice insurance policy
- Twice monthly paid case consultation
- Flexibility in scheduling – you set your schedule with clients
- Opportunities for paid marketing (Blogs and Speaking)
- Admin support assistant who assists with:
- Client intake scheduling
- Insurance Verifications
- Billing support
- HIPAA compliant EHR
- Assistance getting paneled with insurance
- Direct deposit of payroll twice monthly
- Ongoing clinical support
- Great team of therapists – we like to have fun and support one another 😊🎉
- Fully furnished, calm and inviting office space with plenty of parking
- Established reputation in the community that provides referrals to fill your caseload
Pay range is $50-$55 per clinical hour for Licensed Masters Level DOE (this comes to $73k-$95k annually based on caseload size of 25-30). $65-$75 for Licensed Doctoral level DOE (this comes to $92k-$126k annually based on caseload size of 25-30). A 90-day trial is required as we ensure a good fit for both the clinician and the practice.
This is an incredible opportunity for a clinician to join a fun team of therapists providing care to our community and helping our Veterans and military families. We value honesty, genuineness, humility, compassion and humor. This position is a great way to create work life balance with flexibility in your schedule. Our team is fun, supportive and collaborative – we encourage the same from you! We like to plan quarterly staff events and trainings throughout the year. The office is conveniently located just off of the I-5 Freeway. Located between Pacific Beach and Clairemont. We are also in the process of expanding to another San Diego location (TBD).
Promoting inclusion: We promote hiring of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and specialties to better serve the diverse and unique experience of our clients. It is also important that our office promotes a foundation of diversity, equity, and inclusivity in its culture and practice. We hold monthly anti-racism work group discussions to further understand our own biases and to look at how we can better serve our diverse community and minority populations.
Please review our website to better understand what we do and who we serve. www.freedomwithincenter.com
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for the therapist job opportunity please respond to each of the following questions. Using the numbering, copy and paste the questions and answers into the body of an email. Attach a current resume/CV in word or pdf format and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line: Attn: Therapist Hiring Department.
Preliminary Questions – Please answer all questions:
- Are you fully licensed in California and in good standing (Psychologist, LCSW, LMFT, LPCC)? If not, how many hours have you completed as an associate (AMFT, ASW)?
- What populations or presenting problems do you prefer to work with and/or have experience with?
- Do you have any experience with military/Veterans? If yes, please describe?
- Do you have any specialized training such as CPT, EFT, PE, EMDR, etc?
- Do you have your own private practice or work in another group private practice? If you have your own private practice, what makes you want to also join a group practice?
- What are your professional goals in the next 3-5 years?
- On a scale of 1-10, how detail-oriented are you? (10 being most detailed)
- Do you have any days off or vacation scheduled in the next 6-months?
- Do you have the means to financially sustain yourself during the period of building your caseload?
- How many weekly therapy/client hours are you open to performing (we have a minimum of 14 required)?
- Are you interested in working in the office, remotely (telework), or a combination of the two?
- Upon reviewing your responses and resume, if you appear to be a good fit we will contact you to schedule a 30-45 minute video/phone interview. Phone interviews are conducted by our Onboarding Coordinator and take place on the following days and times, please identify at least 3 times that work for you: Mondays 9-11am, 1-3pm; Wednesdays 12-3; Thursdays 9-12pm, Fridays 12-3pm
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
The Freedom Within Team
*Hiring for therapist jobs in San Diego and hiring for therapist jobs in CA as a remote therapist. We are looking to hire Licensed Psychologists, LCSW (social workers), LMFT (marriage and family therapists), ASW, AMFT (associate clinicians).